Friday, November 2, 2007

All My Sons Reflection

Overall, I enjoyed All My Sons. I thought the plot was very scintillating, and kept me engaged. The characters were emotionally complex, and were fun to read about. I thought the ending was dramatic, and suprising. Many themes also abounded from the story. I thought the theme about morals, and how differing they were between characters. Chris was my favorite character in the play, because he thought for the most part about others over himself. His concerns were for society, and went farther than his family's financial situation. I also enjoyed Kate, though she was somewhat psychotic, because of her intense emotions and self confidence. Joe really took me off guard when I found out he was responsible for the killing of 21 pilots as he sent out the faulty plane parts. I really didn't think he had it in him. I think that overall though, he is a good man because everything he did was for his family. Even up until the end, Joe really killed himself for Chris, and couldn't live with the thought of his sons hating him.As a whole, I thought All My Sons was a well written play and would definately read it if there had been the option not to.

No comments: