Sunday, November 18, 2007

So Far In Life of Pi

For the new outside reading book, I chose to read Life of Pi by Yann Martel. I decided to read it because I wanted a fiction book. The librarian recommended it to me, and said it was a good adventure, so I decided to go for it. I haven't read very much yet, mostly just in the time we've been given in class, but I think I'm going to like it. It is about a boy named Pi. He is from India, and believes in several religions. His dad is a zookeeper, and Pi practically grew up in the zoo. He is also a very good swimmer, and was taught everything about the sport by his grandfather. Not much exciting has happened yet, but I know in the book Pi becomes stranded in a life boat with a tiger. I am ready for this part of the story to occur. Hopefully, Life of Pi will be a great book!

No comments: