Sunday, November 18, 2007

I really enjoyed watching On The Waterfront. I liked it even more than The 400 Blows, because I thought it had a more suspenseful plot, and the fact that it was in English also helped. I thought Terry was the most interesting character because he was caught in the middle of the major conflict. In love with Edie, he had to stand by her side with the whole Joey thing, but also wanted to be true to his older brother, who was apart of the mob. In the end, as the mob betrayed his older brother, Terry obviously took the opposing side to them. He stood up to the mob leader, and really proved a point. There were many great cinematic elements used, and I thought the movie was well done. It is so fun to watch movies in class, and I hop we will continue to watch them throughout the year.

No comments: