Sunday, February 24, 2008

The End of The Odyssey

The end of The Odyssey was really good. I thought that Odysseus's slaughter of the suitors was a little intense, as some probably didn't fully deserve death. I feel the ones such as Antinous who had taken full part in plotting Telemachus's death, taking advantage of Penelope, and abusing the beggar deserved the death that they got. But some, which were only pursuing Penelope because they thought Odysseus was dead didn't deserve it. Also, the maids who were hung, and suffered such cruel deaths, could have been killed in a more peaceful way. I was surprised that Penelope was so suspicious of Odysseus when he came home. Also, I was glad that Athena stopped another battle that could have taken place between the loved ones of the suitors and Odysseus. Overall, I actually enjoyed the story.

No comments: