Monday, February 18, 2008

A Northern Light

For this quarter, I have decided to read A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnely. I chose this book first of all because it is different than what I have read so far. First quarter I read The Glass Castle which is an autobigraphy, and second quarter I read Life of Pi which is a realistic fiction adventure. A Northern Light is more of a murder mystery. It is set in the early 1900s, and is relatable as the protagonist is a 16 year old girl. It is also an honor award winning book. I have only read the first chapter, which has just set the scene. Mattie Gokey lives in a small town, and is somewhat desperate for money. She has just taken a job at a hotel calle The Glenmore. This is where the story begins, and I am excited to read more. My friend Annabel has read it and tells me it's good.

No comments: