Thursday, March 20, 2008

The End to ATPH.

I thought All The Pretty Horses had a somewhat unsettling ending. I know John Grady Cole had his own ideas about what he wanted to do with his life, but he had nowhere to go, and nobody to go with. I thought it was nice how he had a talk with the judge, and got his pent up feelings out. I thought It was kinda odd that the author added the part about the minister, as Jimmy Blevins had nothing to do with the kid that John Grady and Rawlins knew. I feel bad that Alejandra left Cole in the lurch, his heart broken and nowhere to go. He truly did love her. I can't believe he made it back alive after all those struggles, and hardships. It was good that he was able to get all the horses home, except for the one he got at the ranch, and i especially like it that he made one last visit to Rawlins to drop off the horse. Their once strong friendship, and tight bond has seemed to somewhat break apart though. I wonder where John Grady is off to next. I am tempted to read the next book in the series and find out. At first, I thought ATPH would be lame, but it turned out to be somewhat exciting. Goodbye for now. Hope you enjoyed ATPH as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Placa de VĂ­deo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://placa-de-video.blogspot.com. A hug.